Group photo
Author:
JENS_NEW_LIFE's Photo JENS_NEW_LIFE Posts: 806
5/5/15 12:20 P

My SparkPage
Send Private Message
Reply
My biggest tip is to follow the nutrition information on the site. You don't need to follow the meal plans but the macronutrient goals will keep your brain and body healthy. Macronutrients are carbohydrates (your body's preferred fuel), protein and fat.

There are lots of articles to here to help. Make what goes in your mouth nourish you. Treats are okay but if you are eating them multiple times a week they are part of your diet not a treat. Concentrate on lean protein, whole grains, whole fruits and veggies and low fat dairy.

80% of your calories should come from healthy choices the other 20% can be from not as great choices like white pasta, hamburgers or cookies. The 80/20 rule is important so you don't feel deprived. Track every bite, lick and chew. Once your favorite and recent lists get going it will be much easier to find what you eat. Be aware that user entered data can be incorrect so check it if you eat something a lot.

I'd also start making sure you are eating at least 5 servings of veggies a day. Limit juice to 1/2c a day. Don't drink your calories (milk with meals is ok). Flavoured coffees, pop, juice, punch and fruit drinks avoid or limit. Those are one of the top 5 culprits for weight gain.

You can also check out American Registered Dietician site. For more sound nutrition info. Registered Dieticians have gone to school for a minimum of 4 years. Nutritionists are not regulated and often have different advice than registered dieticians. Sparkpeople employs Registered Dieticians Eatright.org

Edited by: JENS_NEW_LIFE at: 5/5/2015 (12:29)
Jen-Can
Airdrie, Alberta

In Maintenance
Still considered obese and don't care...my health issues are history thanks to weight loss surgery. I had VSG January 2015

VSG Surgery January 2015
HW - 295
SW - 285
W - 223 September 2015
W - 210 January 2016
W - 206 September 2016


 Pounds lost: 90.3 
0
22.75
45.5
68.25
91
LEXJAMI79's Photo LEXJAMI79 SparkPoints: (0)
Fitness Minutes: (8,020)
Posts: 328
5/4/15 2:33 P

Send Private Message
Reply
Howdy and welcome to the team :-) We are most glad to have you!

Like Mr. Bill said, the 1% challenge is a great way to start. You won't believe how quick you can get to 10 percent and beyond!

Tracking your nutrition and fitness is definitely a good way to start. That way you are aware of what is going out and what is coming in.

I wish you the very best in your journey. Again welcome :-)

"Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts." - Sir Winston Churchill

Goodbye 300's! 2/2015
Good Riddance 290's! 3/16/2015
Get Outta here 280's! 4/1/2015


 current weight: 294.0 
327
282.75
238.5
194.25
150
CAMP-CHEF's Photo CAMP-CHEF Posts: 1,254
5/4/15 10:57 A

My SparkPage
Send Private Message
Reply
Welcome to the team!

My tip is to start with nutrition tracking. I think it is the key to get a handle on how your eating is and make a plan. Then jump into fitness plans.

One great thing to start now is to post to the lose 1% at a time challenge on this team. As you get going, it will be amazing to see how quickly 1% and 2%...and on happen.

Good luck and be patient. it is worth it!

~Bill
SLC, UT


 current weight: 244.4 
365
323.5
282
240.5
199
ANGEYK's Photo ANGEYK SparkPoints: (0)
Fitness Minutes: (17,754)
Posts: 915
5/3/15 2:27 P

Send Private Message
Reply
emoticon

Welcome to spark people and welcome to the team! You have come to the right place! The biggest tip/trick is to stick to it! Dont give up! Let your bad days be a lesson and keep on moving. That is the only way to get there.

emoticon

I added you as a sparkfriend, I hope you dont mind, I find the more support we have, the better! Feel free to freind me back! Good luck!

One step at a time...
Angey




 current weight: 249.0 
282
249
216
183
150
SPORTSLVNFOODIE's Photo SPORTSLVNFOODIE SparkPoints: (1,763)
Fitness Minutes: (0)
Posts: 34
5/2/15 5:45 P

My SparkPage
Send Private Message
Reply
Hi everyone I'm new to this and just signed up for Spark people. Any tips and tricks you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Hope everyone is having a skinny day :)

 current weight: 320.8 
320.8
274.35
227.9
181.45
135
Page: 1 of (1)  

Report Innappropriate Post

Other 30-Somethings with 100+ Pounds to Lose Introduce Yourself to Team Forum Posts

Topics:
Last Post:
1/18/2019 12:24:40 PM
10/3/2018 1:28:19 AM
11/18/2018 3:28:05 PM
10/28/2018 9:26:03 PM
12/31/2018 8:46:26 AM



Thread URL: https://sparkpittsburgh.sparkpeople.com/myspark/team_messageboard_thread.asp?board=-1x11524x61383259

Review our Community Guidelines