First of all I want to thank you all for responding to my post so quickly. A year ago I started to have symptoms such as shortness of breath fatigue migraines numbness constipation and insomnia. Loads of testing led me to an allergist (recently) who confirmed that I had been exposed to toxic mold via blood test and skin test. He gave me a kit that included some of the things I mentioned plus prescribed an antibiotic which he said would bind to the mycotoxins. He also suggested an infrared sauna. I have been out of the moldy environment for Six months. As I was reading other blogs about similar situations some of the powders i mentioned were suggested. That was the reason for my initial question however it sounds like I should just stick to what the doctor ordered and not introduce any other supplements in my system at this time. I am so glad I asked!
The information regarding the mold exposure was definitely missing from your original post. Because of that, you definitely need to speak with your doctor to clarify if you need to take any additional steps. Taking supplements as you mentioned originally could cause even more harm.
Just to clarify - you were exposed to so-called "toxic mold" and have been experiencing symptoms of illness. You had the mold tested, and got the listing of specific types found. You went in to your doctor, who gave you information that you didn't fully understand - but no "detox" treatment. You feel that you have a "toxicity" that requires treatment, even though your doctors have not offered a treatment or indicated that one is necessary. Have I understood this correctly?
You really do need to sit down with your doctors with specific questions, and keep discussing it until you feel comfortable that you fully understand the situation.
Unless you have a weakened immune system due to chronic disease or chemotherapy, there is very little chance that the mold exposure has caused an actual mold infection (which would have to be treated with a specific anti-fungal medication). If you do have a mold infection, your family doctor will refer you to an Infectious Disease specialist for treatment.
The vast majority of people who have symptoms of illness when exposed to mold are actually suffering from an allergy to the mold - not a "toxicity". Treatment of the allergy would entail avoiding / removing the mold, and taking antihistamines such as Claritin or Benedryl or other over-the-counter types --- or a prescription strength version if necessary. Your family doctor will refer you to an Allergist / Allergy Specialist for testing to confirm the allergy and discuss how best to manage it.
Whether the symptoms you are experiencing are from an allergy or a full infection, the "detox" products that you mentioned will do more harm than good. Nobody can give you a proper diagnosis on line, and no reputable Medical Doctor would suggest the use of any type of medication without doing a full physical exam and having bloodwork and other tests showing the need for medication (and the "detox" products are medications - ones that have not been tested and approved for safe use and that have not proven that they actually do what they claim).
Please go back to your medical doctor, review your symptoms with them, discuss bloodwork and other test results (eg. xray or CT scan to check for signs of infection in the lungs), and discuss what treatment - if any - is needed.
All of the best to you!
Sir Terry Pratchett: "Science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. It is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good."
I agree with the previous posters that typically, your body doesn't need detoxes and they can actually end up doing more harm than good. Because of your medical history, you'll definitely want to talk to your doctor before starting on any kind of supplements to get clearance from them first.
"You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down but the staying down." Mary Pickford
"No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch."
Thank you! That is really helpful. I have a high level of toxicity in my system from extreme exposure to Aspergillus chaetomium, cladosporium, penicillliu, and stachybotrys. Trying to detox and I am getting information overload from doctors.
"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." ~ Randy Pausch
"There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstance permit. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results." ~ Art Turock
"We have a saying in Tibet: If a problem can be solved, there is no use worrying about it. If it can't be solved, worrying will do no good." ~ 7 Years in T
I want to add detox supplements to my water every day. Is it safe to add these supplements together all at one time instead of having to drink separately? Bentonite Clay powder, 225 billion probiotic powder, glutathione liquid, and propolmannan powder prebiotic?