Thank You to all of you who posted on my blog the other day about getting some Steps done!
So far it had been a good Serenity Sunday, but by 1 p.m. I thought I should get dressed and get moving for the day. My intention was to find a yoga video on YouTube for today's fitness. I really miss the Sunday yoga class I was taking which has now closed. I can only hope she re-opens when things become a bit more normal.
I put on some yoga clothes and started searching when a thought floated through my mind - Yoga isn't going to get me very many Steps. So I found an enjoyable, and easy, 30 minute Step video that earned me 3000 Steps!
As I mentioned, I began this line of thought regarding my Step count about mid-January as a start to getting back into fitness action. At the same time I was doing a daily time study because I was wasting a lot of time instead of wasting my waist!
My eye naturally focused on articles that would help with this goal and SP posted "15 Ways To Get More Steps". If you didn't see the article, here are their 15 ideas:
1. Get up and do face-to-face conversations at work - not for me, but I can pace if/when I'm talking on the phone.
2. Avoid the elevators - this is already a given for me unless I have to go 5 flights up.
3. Walk while you are getting together with friends for social time - not right now.
4. Walk the dog - I'm thinking about it.
5. Navigate the grocery isles - did you know that your Fitbit will not count all those darn Steps when you are pushing a cart? Well, mine doesn't at least.
6. Use a Treadmill Desk - What? Never heard of this contraption.
7, Public Transit get off a block early - I walk whenever and where ever I can.
8. Un-delegate tasks - in other words do it yourself.
9. March in place while watching TV - one of my Sparkies even mentioned this!
10. Keep a set of walking shoes by your side - mine are in my gym bag and ready to go!
11. Walk while you wait for your appointment - I have a friend who does this religiously; she never misses an opportunity to get her Steps done.
12. Park far from the entrance - the other day I made sure I parked even further than I usually do!
13. Have Walking Work Meetings - this one is for you youngins.
14. Put it away one at a time: laundered clothes, dishes, groceries, whatever - I saw a Sparkie mention this idea the other day in a blog.
15. ? Guess I missed one when I was making notes, but - - -
Here is another one I read in a blog that I had forgotten about - Never use the bathroom on the same floor you are on. This works for me since I have a 2-story house.
Here is one more - spread out your activities for the day so you have something to move for each hour. I'm trying this one today too. Activity - Rest - Activity - Rest
AND, just in case you are interested in that easy, peasy video for a way to get in some Steps today, here is the link:
I hope you are all having a Serenity Sunday and that you are ready to rock February!