Week 1 check in
Monday, January 11, 2021
Mind and Body Goals for well being
1. Monthly written goals and journaling to log my progress on goals, weigh-ins and other tidbits
Started, logging some on computer spreadsheet, need to strive to write at least twice a week.
2. Yoga 3 times a week
Did some basic moves twice last week, need to find a video and make it routine
3. Stretching daily at minimum of 5 mins
Most days, not all. Feels good to do. Maybe should set an alarm on phone?
4. Strength training 3 times a week
Only twice last week, will aim for 3 this week, read an interesting tidbit about hypothyroidism and losing weight, was good inspiration for ST
5. Continue daily cardio, mostly jogging with dog
Yes, we took a down day yesterday and did 2 walks instead of 1 jog.
6. Continue 5K once a month with goal of 5K once a week.
Did a 2.5 mile run last week. Aiming to get a 5K this week during a rainy weather break, I will look at the daily forecast and try to pick a day. I have already picked a new route.
7. Log food 5 days a week
NOPE, Need to be better
8. Intermittent fasting 16:8
NOPE, Need to plan better dinner (did several late large lunches this weekend and then light snack instead of dinner)
9. Look to "add" foods to diet like nuts, seeds, berries, beans and fiber rich foods
Doing better here
10. No sugar/chocolate after dinner (want to see how that affects my sleep)
Not good this weekend. Hitting the reset button today.
11. Read books daily
did off and on, but not daily.
12. Work on professional development courses
Not yet, but I did go through and list what programs did this past year, so that was inspiring.
13. Focus on daily routine of chores for own sanity and family harmony
this is going much better, Felt productive and feeling the harmony in the household was better this week.
I just wanted to assess after 1 week. Maybe I won't do this weekly, but then again, journaling in whatever form (such as blog) is one of my goals!
Almost half way through January 2021, how is your year going? Are you taking steps to make progress on any goals? small steps add up. Small goals add up.
cheers to the new year and a fresh take on our healthy journey.