Week 1 Day 6
Friday, September 18, 2020
Even though I was setting up SparkPeople on a Saturday, I intended my start day to be Sunday. I’m feeling tired and I’m not yet exercising. There’s so much I’m not doing I feel disappointed. Here’s the thing though, I keep in mind a little mantra I heard (not) doing “FitGirls Jumpstart” a while back that states “PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION” We cannot beat ourselves up because everything does not go our way. Sometimes the “baby steps” are just what we need to make lasting habits.
Progress not Perfection. How will I make progress today?
1. Choose wisely. I don’t really have any bad food choices in the house, so eat at home.
2. Drink the water! I’ve had some really great water days because of apps that actively remind me to drink.
3. Start carrying your phone. Since I’ve lost my fitness tracker I’ve missed out on seeing my movement. Because Google Fit is in my phone, I can get some idea of my movement through that, like step counts.
4. Put on some drum beats and do house chores and housekeeping. It might get me moving with more ambition to move to the beats and distract me from anything daunting.
5. Take anti inflammatory. You might get more freedom of motion and work out the kinks in your joints if you reduce the inflammation.
So there we have it. Just a few things I can do to make progress today and tomorrow. Thanks for checking out my blog post. I wish you the best in progress!