Instructions to my Son (while Mom is away)
Wednesday, July 22, 2020
1. Feed the cats – Twice a day (Morning and Night) Each one gets 1/3 of a can at night. Put ¼ of a cup of dry food in their dish in the morning. Clean their wet food dishes every day or else they get really nasty. Wash their individual water dishes every day and put in fresh water. TOP OFF THE WATER FOUNTAIN EVERY DAY –it will stop working if the water level gets too low. It wouldn’t kill you to go ‘treasure-hunting’ in the litter boxes a few times. Healthy cats poop and pee a lot. When you clean the boxes out, put the poop in the garbage can outside.
2. Take in the mail and any flyers or sale papers on the porch.
3. Feed the cats.
4. When you cook, clean up after yourself. Put away the food, wash the dishes, utensils, pots and pans and wipe up all the dirty surfaces.
5. Feed the cats.
6. On Tuesday morning, open the back gate and pull the garbage can towards the gate – half in and half out of the yard. Leave the cinder block on top or our lovely neighbor next door will pull open the lid – he especially likes to do this when it is raining outside. After the garbage men have emptied the can, make sure you bring our can in (it has 3434) written all over it. Again, our lovely neighbor likes to take our cans because they are cleaner and don’t smell of cigarettes.
7. Feed the cats.
8. You can reach me on my cell phone or if you can’t get me then call Aunt Jill.
9. Feed the cats.
10. If it gets too hot you can turn on the air conditioning. If you are staying indoors, you can usually get by with the blinds and curtains closed and the fans on. I will show you how to turn the air on . . .
11. Feed the cats.
12. Water the plants that are on the porch and the tomato plant at the base of the stairs if it does not rain.
13. Feed the cats – and while you are at it be nice to them, not just Stuckey. Play with them a little – you know how they like the toys on a wand. And oh yeah, one more thing. . .