SP Premium
ONTHEPATH2
150,000-199,999 SparkPoints 169,894
SparkPoints
 

Closing out the month

Friday, February 28, 2020

Well, this has been a month of lots of changes for me. I committed to an eating lifestyle which restricts my carbs - which for a girl who was eating probably 70% carbs in her diet was a big change. How did it go?

It's been hard. I miss bread. I miss cookies. I really miss pizza and those cheesy garlic bread sticks. However, I have discovered that I reallylike a modified chicken parm without the pasta, and taco meat with cheese on top without the tortilla. I actually do allow myself to take one tortilla chip and crumble some of it over the taco meat. I don't even miss that tortilla or taco shell. I have been munching on nuts and cheese. My guilty pleasure has been cutting up a strawberry into small pieces and putting a little squirt of fat free whipped topping on it. I have survived 3 weeks! Still crave that sugary, starchy stuff - but am hoping with time that will change!

Downfalls.... office meeting where Jimmy John's subs were ordered for our lunch. I didn't want to sit in the meeting and peel off all the bread - so I ate it. Life happens. Pizza party for my son's basketball team with the other parents - I stuck to the thin crust pizza with the least amount of toppings and indulged in two pieces. Sometimes we get in these situations where there are no healthy choices. I guess the choice is to not eat with the others, or to partake and make the best choice possible - getting back on track the moment you leave that situation. So far I have been able to do that.

Exercise? I have yet to regularly incorporate that in my routine. I am looking to focus more on that next month. We will see how it goes

Results? I am down 12.4 pounds for the month of February. I am pleased with that result.

Know your numbers? I had labs run for my annual physical this year. I was pleased to see that my cholesterol was lower than last year at 179. However disappointed to see both my HDL (39) and LDL (124) increased in the wrong directions! Ugh. My glucose level was 116, which was up from last years 111 - another disappointment! However my A1c was 5.4 which is within normal range. It will be interesting to see what my doctor has to say. Considering I have had about 9 months of a totally unhealthy eating binge, I am pleased to see that I haven't done more damage than that! I am hoping that I can change my lifestyle and bring these numbers back into normal ranges without going on medications. I am hoping that she will be willing to give me that chance! I truly believe that once I incorporate some daily exercise into my eating plan that things will begin moving in the right direction!

More will be revealed!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
  • AKA_TROUBLE
    Good luck - sounds like you have a plan and are sticking to it.
    512 days ago
  • L*I*T*A*
    emoticon
    514 days ago
  • 1CRAZYDOG
    Good luck! You've made progress this month. That's great. Yes, life isn't perfect, but you did the best you could w/the Jimmy John's and the pizza.

    Have a great weekend.
    515 days ago
  • AAAACK
    For me, partaking a little and getting right back on track, like you mentioned, is the way to go. If I don't partake at all, I often feel deprived, and that leads to a mindset that ends up sidetracking me. So I think you made the right decisions.

    As far as your doc, even when a doc recommends meds, you can always ask for a reprieve. Ask if there would be any damage to waiting another 6 months, or whatever the two of you agree on. Often the doc is happy to hear you're making good changes and is willing to support your decisions.
    515 days ago
  • LSIG14
    Sounds like you're really heading in the right direction. An occasional off-plan indulgence does a lot less damage than depriving yourself completely. I have decided that the 80/20 diet works for me - 80% of the time I stick to my plan, the other 20% is a little wiggle room for splurges, slip-ups, or whatever. Remember: Progress, not perfection!
    515 days ago
  • ERIN_POSCH
    WTG! Looks like you're doing pretty well, all things considered.
    515 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment


    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.