It all starts with ME
Sunday, December 29, 2019
As the New Year begins, I am recommitting to my goals. There are a few changes though.
1. I'm shrinking my goals to help me be more successful! Healthy Eating and exercise are tops, and then committing to staying connected to my family is next.
2. Keeping the goals concrete. My 2 bite rule on treats is back in place firmly. Also, I have to speak up and let people who have some control over what I eat know my goals. I've failed when I don't speak up.
3. Don't wait to FEEL motivated. Keep my commitment every day. When I have a down day, I get off-course.
4. Get the sleep that I need. I am usually a 5 am riser. This past week, I've been sleeping in until 6 and I feel great. Making time for more sleep on the weekends is important!
5. Patience! I don't always see the results quickly, but they come eventually.
6. Have a work-out and health buddy. I have my SparkFriends who encourage me and help me understand the things about T2D (Type 2 Diabetes) My husband is my biggest helper, but I also have Sal who walks with me. The more support, the better!
7. Never stop learning! Today I used this article as the base for my blog.