Idle hands vs. busy hands
Tuesday, November 19, 2019
It seems that when my hands are idle, I tend to keep them busy by eating. I figured out some ways to keep my hands busy until the urges pass. Here are just a few tricks that work for me.
1. Text a friends or family member. I am lucky to have a big,extended family and a close circle of friends so there is no shortage of having someone talk me off of the overeating ledge.
2. Pick up a book or magazine. In my house, there is no shortage of reading material (working in two libraries always keeps my reading material stocked and ready to be read.)
3. Taking a quick walk always keeps my arms swinging and my hands food-free!
4. Sorting through and organizing old photos. Sometimes it takes my mind a few minutes to remember who is in the picture. By that time, I have forgotten my craving.
5. Working on unfinished craft projects not only stops me from mindless eating but it helps me keep my craft area clean.
I am always looking for new ways to stay busy. What are some of your favorite ways to keep your hands busy?