Getting Through The Holidays!
Friday, November 15, 2019
My short term goal is to get through the holidays with low blood sugar numbers. Here's my plan:
1. Eat a healthy meal (as usual) and stop when I'm not hungry. Go easy on the gravy.
2. Make lots of time for hikes. When it's too cold or icy outside, dance inside and use the treadmill. Don't miss any yoga classes! My health is important!
3.. Choose only one delicious dessert to eat for each party. Take time and enjoy it and also find some great adjectives to use to complement the chef for that treat. For all other sugar-laden carbohydrate treats, I can have 1-2 bites of it, taste it, enjoy it and then hand it off to my husband. He either finishes it or throws it in the trash. It's up to him.
4. Don't let one over-eating lead to another one. Get back on the plan and stick with it!
5. Lots of water and herbal teas!
6. Focus on the family, and talk. Stay away from eating and talking at the same time.
7. Find new recipes for each party. If I don't find the recipe, I'll buy a shrimp ring. Everyone loves the shrimp!
8. Wash my hands often. I don't want to give or receive the cold or flu.
In early January I have a blood test for my A1C. I want a low number and show myself and my doctor that I can do it.
What is your plan to stay healthy through the upcoming holidays?