SP Premium
AHTRAP
50,000-59,999 SparkPoints 53,875
SparkPoints
 

20% chance of pain

Friday, October 18, 2019

There are 6 people in my bracket of the pickleball singles tournament I'm doing today, and I know two of them. One of those guys, I can beat. The other, I can't, and I'm left wondering why he's even in this bracket, rather than the higher skill level bracket. The other three guys in the section I've never met, so I have no idea whether I can beat them or not. So, basically, 20% chance of pain, 20% chance I'll have a relatively easy opening match, and 60% unknown.

I'm just hoping that I don't lose the first two games and get bounced out before I get a chance to really break a sweat. But if I do, oh well, go play with the nephew in the evening, and then come back in the morning to play some more in the doubles portion of the tournament. I guess there's the other extreme, too, where I do win that first match, but it takes three games to do it, and then I keep having to play best two out of three games, and I totally wipe myself out before the doubles play tomorrow. But if I get a shiny thing out of it, I guess I wouldn't mind too much.

Edit #1: won the first game, rather quickly. Second game is against the really good player, so not expecting much. But there’s a liberating feeling to that, just go out there and swing the racket. At the least I’ll score more points than his first opponent. Do wish it would hurry up and start though, it’s 5 pm and I’ve only played that one game so far.

Edit #2: I played the good player, a 20 something guy, straight up, took the first game 11-6, and had a legitimate chance to win, but couldn’t finish the job. Lost 11-9 in both the second and third games.

And then after beating my friend (the other guy I mentioned above, I took a 7-3 lead on the other 20 something before I totally ran out of steam and lost 15-8. Not even sure what changed but all of a sudden all those balls that were going In went into the net instead. Alas.

Finished 4th as a result.
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
  • CHANGZWALK
    emoticon here's to smacking the crap out of it!
    30 days ago
  • MAIN4ME15
    Hope it goes well!
    30 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment


    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.