Goals & Gratitude 8/23/19
Friday, August 23, 2019
I am happy to report that I did better on my Managerial Accounting work than I thought I would. I got an 80% on the quiz, and my average on the classwork (homeworks plus quizzes) has moved from an 86% to an 88%. I am very happy with this, mainly because it gives me some wiggle room for the final exam. I expect I will do better this quarter (compared to the 50% I got last quarter), but the homework gives me some room to do worse on the final and still get a good score. My goal is to get at least a B in the class. If I get a B+ that will be the frosting on the cake!
It's almost 6:30 PM and it is still in the 90s here. I keep waiting for it to cool down so I can go walk. I have exercised 7 days in a row this week. I won't be able to exercise on Sunday because I am going to the monastery, so I will be in the car all day. But I hope to do the same thing next week. I weigh in tomorrow, so we will see what the scale says. I was down on Thursday, but I want to see if it was a fluke or a trend.
1) Read for both Auditing and Managerial Accounting.
2) Get to baby Atticus's baptism in the afternoon.
3) Clean the house. It's getting messy.
Today I'm Grateful For...
1) That my professor got back to me within a half hour of me emailing him. I think that's a record.
2) That my dentist was able to move my appointment time up by an hour. It helped me to organize my day a little better.
3) That I still have enough leftovers that I don't have to cook.