Introduction (Day 1 of my 31 day blog challenge)
Thursday, July 18, 2019
I am the mother of four beautiful kids; three daughters and one son. I have three Boston terriers, and share my house with three cats. I am a Mother, Wife, and former leader of more then a few rebel regimes. I have been a member of SP since 1/13/2015.
Five years I joined SP because 50 pounds of extra weight was getting in the way of my living my life. I was struggling, but determined to keep picking myself up. I wanted to show my kids a healthy lifestyle. But more then anything, I wanted to improve on me.
My goals were to:
* Get my life back
* Lose the weight
* Get organized
* Become more active in my community
* And I wanted to be one of those tone old ladies...not a flabby granny on a rascal.
According to SP my total fitness minutes amassed is 61,442.
And in the five years I have lost... TEN POUNDS!
Yes, I still drink a lot of Dr. Pepper. Yes, I still do not have my food intake under control. Yes, I fall off the gym routine wagon often. And that is why I am still yo-yo'ing with my weight. There are days that I feel like I have failed myself. I am disappointed to still be carrying extra weight.
But, I am so much stronger then I was five years ago. And the truth is that I am far more comfortable in my own skin. Now, I do not stress the chubby body. I focus more on being a healthier me. I celebrate being able to move up in the weight I can lift, how well I move in Zumba, and if I have enough stamina to make it all the way through Spin class. I also focus more on how my clothes hang on my body, and not if my body looks like a swim-suit model.
My Program is:
* Trying to put, what is God's part in his hands. And do what is my part.
* Going to the gym at least four (4) days a week.
* Try not to binge eat.
* And look for opportunities to build friendships, and be the kind of person I would like to have in my life.
* Living my life, no matter what my reflection in the mirror looks like.
* Lose the unhealthy weight
* Get organized
* Be more active in my community
* Be a healthy ole lady, and continue to be a healthy old lady until age, (not an unhealthy lifestyle) takes me.