jokes and National Splurge Day
Thursday, June 20, 2019
This week A&I blog is on National Splurge Day. National Splurge Day is observed annually on June 18th. This day is a fun, feel-good holiday that was created for you to do something special for yourself. Take the time to pull away from the everyday busyness and stress of life to treat yourself. Perhaps that splurge is extra whipped cream on your latte, an afternoon at the spa, or booking the vacation you have been dreaming about taking. Savor the indulgence.
National Splurge Day is the brainchild of Chicago native Adrienne Sioux Koopersmith. Known as “America’s premier eventologist,” he inspiration for National Splurge Day? Koopersmith was apparently tired of all the obligatory, ritualistic gift-giving that dominates most holidays. koopersmith said she wanted to … “Get rid of the 2-faced Holidays where a Person has to SHOW-UP at a relative’s or put on a happy face; or buy a present or do something only because it is part of the Fabric of Modern Life. So I created my own, which I like much better.”
Do you take the time to splurge? I tried to splurge but my splurge are simple since I only get out of the house usually when I am working, Since I take care of mom. If you do, how do you treat yourself special? I usually buy myself a exercise dvd or book on amazon, or buy myself a chi tea latte. , If you need to splurge on yourself, what would you choose to do? When I really need to splurge on myself I go to Amish country Ohio. With the great foods, winery, and fled market it a great splurge.
It was her first night at her diet meeting and Sue was feeling a little nervous. To help her feel at ease the other members began a discussion about the foods they most wanted to buy as they went around the supermarket. One man confessed that French cheeses were his greatest weakness and a rather large woman said she found it almost impossible to resist anything smothered in chocolate.
Finally it was Sue’s turn to admit her cravings. Taking a deep breath, she confided, "To be honest I can’t resist anything in aisles three, four, five, six or nine."
A food limerick
. Most pizzas have cheese and I’ve found
that olives and chilies abound
the flavor just rocks
but what of the box?
Why square when the pizza is round?
Bathroom scale diet tricks
1. Weigh yourself fully clothed after dinner and again the next morning without clothes and before breakfast, because it's nice to see how much weight you've lost overnight!
2. Never weigh yourself with wet hair.
3. When weighing, remove everything, including eyeglasses. In this case, blurred vision is an asset. Don't forget to remove jewellery as it could weigh as much as a pound!
4. Buy only cheap scales, never the medical kind. Accuracy is the enemy and high quality scales are very accurate.
5. Always go to the bathroom first.
6. Weigh yourself after a haircut, this is good for up to half a pound of hair (hopefully).
7. Exhale with all your might BEFORE stepping onto the scale. (Air has weight, right?)
8. Start out with just one foot on the scale, then holding onto a towel rod slowly edge your other foot onto the scale while slowly releasing the towel rod. Admittedly, this takes time, but it's worth it. You will weigh at least two pounds less than if you'd stepped onto the scale normally.
A Great Diet Tip
A great way to lose weight is to eat while you are naked and standing in front of a mirror. Restaurants will almost always throw you out before you can eat too much.