Saturday, December 08, 2018
This time of year is exciting heading into the Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza and Diwali Seasons. All Festivals of Light. Each group uses shining light to guide us back to focus on what is most important in life. Focusing on our self worth as well as our families.
Joy is the goal and the desired outcome. To be together with those we love and even if we can’t be, to find joy within ourselves.
I’m extremely hopeful at this time. I’ve finally figured out what it is that the people who join SparkPeople and make it to maintenance, have got. And I want that in a healthy way, for myself.
Ive just completed a 5% Fall Weight Loss Challenge and discovered a few things about myself
1. I can eat less and not have food cravings. This is a massive revelation to me. It just happened. I cut back, and ate better food, and I didn’t want the same old quantities nor cravings. I still eat chocolate or a cookie in smaller portions than ever and am quite satisfied
2. I can increase my water intake if it’s not too cold. I’m one of those people who can sometimes feel sick to my stomach on a single glass of water in the morning
3.I do like indoor exercise (shocking for a lifelong outdoor walker)
4. I do like using a treadmill and elliptical trainer
5. SIIT is IDEAL for me. That’s SLOW INTENSITY INTERVAL TRAINING
I go as slow as molasses on the treadmill or elliptical 1.4 if I’m reading and 1.8-2.8 at other times. But I do get in my 120 Exercise Minutes daily with few exceptions. (As in this week as I have a massive head and chest cold)
6. Using the SparkPeople Coaching Tool has been a Godsend. No adds popping up, and a daily check in, to find or increase my focus on my fitness and nutrition leading to weight loss
Focusing on what I can do in the moment helps me get a task done, I want to accomplish one project a day no matter how small, as it makes me feel victorious!! Even if it’s just decluttering the counters and the dining room table which become my “catch all’s”.
Finding Focus has become a perfect, small, attainable way for me to move forward, daily, towards my true goal of health and happiness at a lower weight than I’ve been in years.
I hope you also feel enlightened during this Festival of Light and lightened by your continued Sparking Efforts!
I am thrilled to see Sparkers, such as Cherridell and DianeDoesSmiles loosing massive amounts of weight or maintaining through all of life’s challenges, while still helping others achieve the same. Now That’s Focus!