Tuesday, December 04, 2018
I ate too much last night. Instead of thinking: I blew it, I might as well give myself permission to overeat for while - I reflected on why I overate and how to get back on track.
I chose to overeat last night:
1. because I was bored.
2. I lost awareness of its consequences and damage.
3. I watched mindless tv which I know is a trigger for emotional eating.
4. I slowly gravitated to old habits such as eating while watching tv..
Today I choose awareness and will:
1. be selective on what I watch on tv - plan my programs.
2. remember that by overeating I will feel stuffed, gain weight and be closer to being pre-diabetic.
3. eat at the table.
4. eat when hungry, enjoy my meals and stop when hungry.
Note: I do not enjoy my meals if I am not hungry or if I know I am damaging my health.
Giving into instant gratification is not equal to enjoying a meal.