Sunday, September 02, 2018
Nothing like a family trip to the beach to bring Mommy face to face with how far from fitness grace she’s fallen ... and to the inevitably ensuing tears.
Long story short: I once lost 70 lbs with Spark and maintained it for probably a year or so. It was hard, especially with fibromyalgia, but I’d never felt better ... even despite the fibro.
But two babies later, using the insatibale hunger that comes with breastfeeding as an excuse to eat with more or less wreckless abandon, and I’m back up 30 lbs and climbing. I feel pretty bad about myself, disappointed in all the hard work I’ve undone (because I DO. NOT. want to do it all again!) and pretty daunted by starting over.
But my second child is close to weaning, which is when I packed on 10 lbs overnight with my first kiddo, so IT’s TIME.
1. Back to tracking my calories.
2. Back to finding time to squeeze in SOME kind of exercise. Biking to work is no longer an option with daycare pickup, but my plan is one or both of these two things:
- get up at 5 a.m. for some time with my old friend Leslie Sansone; even a 15-minute walk is a good start
- leave 15 minutes earlier and get off the train at a stop that allows me to walk the last mile or so in the morning
3. Watch the fat talk! My baby girl will pick up on it sooner than I think. (Ditto my son, but I’m honestly - fairly or not - more concerned about her in this regard.)
I can do this! I’m not feeling very confident right now, but I know I can. I’ve done it before! And even though life is so so sooooo much different with kiddos, I know other moms do it too!
I’ll take any pointers you’ve got, Sparkies!