Oh! I had Goals?
Wednesday, May 09, 2018
Alright as usual I have lost sight of my goals again. After my mom was in hospital the end of January it took her awhile to get back her strength. Her confusion was worse. Still not back to her old"normal" if you can say that with dementia. It wore me out physically and mentally. It took me this long to realize it. Plus things at work, kids, etc. We all know that feeling. Oh and winter too.
So back to refocusing on my goals
1. 5 fruits and veggies a day--Have kept that up
2. Healthy fluids--Fell down on this for awhile but challenges made me refocus
3. Snacking/sweets--This is where I have been bad. Stress-- sweets help right? Sigh... Will do better again.
4. Fiber--been doing fairly we'll because of freggies and my breakfast
5. Portion size--breakfast good, rest eh
6. 10,000 steps a day 5/7 days - with FitBit challenges this has been going fairly well . Thanks to my WRJ&G team
7. Strength--I had a few good weeks and then plop
8. Yoga-- a few sessions for challenges but that was it
9. Declutter- I haven't been doing as much as planned but I have still been slowly, slowly doing my house and my mom's house. Progress is progress
10. Paperwork--did a little but have let the new stuff pile up again
11. Me time--just in the last 2 weeks started reading again
12. Weight- a work in progress
13. Stay active on Sparkpeople. Yes I have. Thank goodness or these last few months would have been a total disaster. I would recommend the 5% challenge and biggest loser challenges to all of you. Or any challenge that looks interesting to you. If you join and stay active on team it does help even when you aren't doing as well as you want. You have team support and team motivation.
Go Walker, Runners,Joggers and Gadgeters!! Go Invincible Indigos!!
So I have now reviewed my goals so I can refocus on them. I mean it is May already. I haven't quit I just needed to remind myself to do better. Ready, set , go!