17 in 2017 Review
Monday, January 01, 2018
I have done these lists since 2014 and this is the first year I did not complete all of the items. I blame my health challenges and just having to concentrate on finding out what was wrong with me and then on my recovery.
17 in 2017
1. Do an on-line jigsaw puzzle. 12/2/17 This was fun and there was no chance Tony, the cat, would mess up the puzzle or steal pieces.
2. Read 6 books related to health. I read 4. My favorite was Michael Pollan's In Defense of Food. Dad and I had some great discussions over this book.
3. Try a paczki. 2/24/17 I had never tried one because of the powdered sugar but they are so iconic. I had a lemon filled paczki and it was delicious though I'm still not fond of the powdered sugar. Good thing they're only available for a few days each year.
4. Make 17 new recipes. I made 10 but only 3 of those are keepers. The Orange Cream Cheese Muffins worked well with gluten free ingredients, the Hamburger Soup was excellent and the Cool Whip Peanut Butter Treats (a Spark Recipe) were surprisingly good. The rest aren't worth talking about.
5. Hot stone massage. 12/11/17 I absolutely loved it!! And I loved the masseuse.
6. Try an ABC Sudoku. 1/30/17 I see they also make a color Sudoku so I'll have to give that a try too. 1/30/17 Decided to try the color one right away so I could put off dusting. It was fun but I wasn't fond of the app so I think I'll just give that one up. Sudoku is addicting enough for me. I don't really need a bunch of different types.
7. Make garden art. 6/6/17 I made a Bee Habitat Craft with the Master Gardeners. I loved the result and the company. I will definitely participate in those activities again.
8. Acquaint myself with our brand new library. It opened in November 2016 and I haven't made the time to visit it yet. Got my visit in on 1/24/17. I need to participate in their adult programming more. So many interesting things going on there.
9. Participate in the library's Winter Reading Program. 2/27/17 I turned my reading list in with one day left in the program. I didn't get any bingos but I did read or listen to 6 books between January 22 and February 28. I got six tickets to put in the prize boxes and I even won a prize. I won a gift certificate to use at the mall.
10. Participate in the library's Book Club. 3/27/17
11. Make kolachy cookies. 12/17/17 Fun!
12. Re read a childhood favorite. 1/15/17 I read Heidi, my absolute favorite childhood book.
13. Find a new author. I found two. Kate Jacobs who writes the Friday Night Knitting Books and Diane Kelly who writes the Paw Enforcement books. Great characters in those books!!
I already have my 18 list made and will post that at some point.