2017 Fall 5% Challenge Planning Blog
Hey everyone! It’s that time again. Time for the 5% challenge!
This is my favorite challenge I have found on Spark. The challenges are simple enough that you can understand them easily but still challenging enough to work. You are required to report your exercise and LTGL points daily, which I feel really helps keep me accountable.
You can check out the link for more, but here is essentially what it is: We “travel” to different destinations around the world by exercising and earning LTGL (Living the Good Life) points, which can be anything from drinking 8 glasses of water to getting 10 minutes of “me” time a day. The leaders are really good at keeping you on your toes and it always a fun surprise to see the upcoming challenges.
They have “Countdown Activities” to prepare you for the challenge before it starts, so that is why I am writing this blog. I’m going to use this as a way to track my progress throughout this challenge. Here goes:
2017 Fall 5% Challenge Commitments for Diane Woods
- Do one 30 minute Daily Burn workout Mon-Fri.
- Do at least 20 minutes of strength training Mon/Wed/Fri
- Play Pokemon Go/walk with dog in the park for an hour at least twice a week.
- Record all exercise minutes daily on 5% Challenge page and in Achievemint app.
I highly recommend Pokemon Go for extra steps. It is a lot of fun and it gets you outside so you can enjoy nice weather while we have it (if you still have it in your area!) I also recommend the Achievemint app. It’s an app that you connect your fitness apps to and it will reward you for the steps you take and tracking your food. It can add up slowly, but you get $10 at 10,000 points so every little bit helps! Also, as you can see above, I have signed up for Daily Burn and I am really enjoying that as well. They release a new video every at 9AM and it stays up until 9PM every day so you can do your workout anytime, anywhere. It’s a really awesome addition to my workout regimen.
Healthy Eating and Nutrition Plan
- I will cut WAY down on the soda. I know it’s bad for me. I know it gives me headaches. I know it’s addicting, etc, etc. I’m going to go for one glass a day. I will not buy any at work. I have a water bottle for work and I will only use that. I will drink at least 2 bottles of water a day. I think my water bottle is about 18-20 ounces, so that is a good start.
- I will stay within my calorie range 6 out of 7 days a week. I will aim for all 7, but I won’t beat myself up if I go over a day or two.
- I will have a good breakfast every morning.
- I will track my food each day.
I'm still looking for healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas. If anyone has tips or recipes, I would greatly appreciate anything you would like to share! I have a breakfast sandwich that I make and freeze, so that one is done. I would love some more ideas to add to my daily food diary.
All in all, I’m ready and extremely excited to start this challenge. We start on September 7th.