It's September and tomorrow is the first day of the new year at the music school. I will be having a full teaching load and I tend to invest myself a little too much. At the end of last school year, I was pretty empty and I made a plan over the summer so that the new school year does not drain me the same way this year.
To remind myself about my plan, I am going to write it down here.
1. Get a balanced schedule, so that I teach an equal amount of ours every day! Fingers crossed for that one that will be decided next week!
2. Let the students do their own work and do not make things for them! Don't shoulder other peoples work!
3. Take a second to breath between the lessons
4. Start the day every morning with some spiritual thoughts and a good breakfast before leaving for work
5. Take lunch, snacks and dinner with you if needed
6. End the day with some yoga before bed
7. Tell the students what you really think and if you don't like what they are doing (don't swallow anger and frustration)
As for some other goals for September:
1. Do some soft exercise everyday
2. 10 Minutes of yoga every night
3. Continue to eat as little sugar as possible and as many veggies as possible.
4. Eat oatmeal for dinner if you get home after 8pm
5. Hopefully get the weight to 138 pounds
For all teachers around - Have a good year!