When I was a small child my elderly next door neighbor, who was an editor for our newspaper, told my mom that I had a wild and vivid imagination. He said that was a great trait for someone who wanted to be a writer.
My wild and vivid imagination has led me to some interesting places in life!
Let me share some of the things that float through my mind while on this journey to better health:
1. I see myself hiking a section of the North Country Trail - not just a little day hike - but an overnight, long distance one! Eeeks I better get in shape to carry that pack!
2. I see myself rocking a really cool little black dress at one of our office holiday parties.
3. I see myself selling my home, putting all my stuff in storage or giving it away and traveling through all 50 states for a few years - taking back roads and maybe even doing some camping!
4. When I retire, I see myself spending my mornings at the Y taking lots of classes and hanging out in the pool!
5. I see myself running a 5k..... just one...... to say I did it. My knee doc is on board if I lose some weight and train for it.
6. Heck I'd love to try a triathlon too! Maybe just a little indoor one.
7. I'd love to take a vacation on my bicycle.
8. My garden will grow and be beautiful because I will tend it daily!
9. I will write down some of that family history that my grandkids keep asking me about.
10. I will be a healthy weight. (working on that one right now)
The good thing about those things in my wild and vivid imagination - they could all happen! It's all up to me!
What do you imagine?