Body to mind "Beyoncé wasn't built in a day."
Today has been one of THOSE days. The kind where my mind is running all over just being a bully- not to others - to me! I've been working real hard trying to reel it in and give myself positive affirmations. Ugh.
So here are my daily 5:
1. My feet. Reality - my feet haven't been feeling very good. I'm not sure what is going on. I've tried new shoes, various arch support and other things to put in my shoes - and I do believe the next step is probably the podiatrist. However, even though they don't feel very good and I have had my fair share of heel and foot pain - I have been able to push through it and walk two to three miles with the dog. So feet - thanks for hanging in there and carrying me through! I really am working hard to lessen your load!
2. My knees - again they haven't been feeling very good either. I have something kind of pinchy going on in my left knee - but not all the time. I can't pin it down to saying it happens when I climb hills or descend hills or walk fast, or do stairs. It comes and goes with no real reason that I know of. My right knee has just been down right achey. However, again, the pain is not enough to keep me off my feet. My knees are strong and carry me through my exercise routines even though there is some occasional discomfort. I'm working hard to lessen their load too!
3. My arms ---- Yet they are still a little too flabby for my liking - but dang I got some good hugs in with them recently.
4. My fingers - they helped me clean and cut all those veggies I bought this weekend to make a glorious pot of vegetable soup.
5. My mind - I am grateful for my thought process! I like to think I am somewhat understanding and kind. I have experienced the opposite with some people at work this week and am grateful that I am able to think differently and be open to other people's perspectives!
Now to the grrrr - Mr Scale was unkind. I know better than to look at Mr Scale on a regular basis - but today after my shower I hopped on and he said +.6. I wanted to throw him out the window. I stayed in my calorie amount, kept my fats and carbs low..... AND it was a hungry day! It was a real struggle to stay on track yesterday and I was hoping to see ANY slight downward movement as somewhat of a reward for my struggle! Nope. No such thing. Sometimes he is so mean. I hate that.
I can justify it and say it is water weight, heck maybe I just need to poop. .6 is nothing. However it is something. It is disappointing. No movement on the scale, no clothes getting lose, no flabby skin tightening up - everything looks the same - but feels overwhelmingly worse.
Sometimes we don't get the affirmations we seek from scales or people. Sometimes we have to get them from within. Sometimes we have to encourage and have faith in ourselves. Sometimes we get affirmations where we least expect them.
Today I have faith that if I just keep doing the right things everything will fall into place. It will happen in time...... just not my time! Embrace the suck Barb and move on.