5 Week Report Card - half way on my 10 weeks of Keeping the Dreams Alive
Monday, April 24, 2017
Today is the first day of my next 5 weeks of keeping the dreams alive. Only fantastic things
1. Had surgery for meniscus tear, I am now able to climb stairs, walk down hills, and today I did my first deep knee bend in over 7 months. This is huge because I can finally get down and take things out of the bottom cupboards in my kitchen, get my shoes out from under the bed, pull weeds in the garden, and do my full workouts.
2. I have lost 7 pounds over the last 5 weeks. And even better than that I am down 14 pounds since I had a complete hysterectomy in December. I can't wait to see how my blood tests and blood pressure improve when I have a check up at my doctor's.
3. Today I entered back into the Onederland. The last time I was here was in February 2015.
4. I have regained my power over what food I put in my mouth. The first few weeks were difficult, but the past 2 weeks have actually been pretty easy. I am strengthening my resistance muscle daily.
5. I am beginning to work out with weights, moving my body more each day. I am beginning to feel how getting rid of just a few extra pounds is making my walking so much easier.
6. My self confidence is beginning to return and I am actually looking forward to a family get together in 3 weeks. In the past few years I have not looked forward to any parties especially where there will be food decisions, meeting new people, etc.
7. If I had to give myself a midterm grade. -- It would be A++. I am meeting all my goals. I am overcoming all my obstacles. I am stronger than any craving. I am beginning to feel happy and proud of myself again.