Sharing my Story about the 80/20 rule
Sunday, August 07, 2016
Here's a bit of a clip from my speaking event yesterday - where I shared about the issue around the 80/20 rule - but mostly around the drinking - because our nutrition is what we eat and drink. The end of it got cut out but here are my 'tips' that I shared there:
• Focus on one thing that you need to do/change – don’t overwhelm yourself
• Walk the talk and act as if you are already at goal – envision yourself being at goal and hold that image
• Don’t compare yourself to others – celebrate all successes – yours and others
• Incorporate daily personal development and self-help (reading, podcasts, etc)
• Balance in all things –mind/body/spirit
• Stay connected even when you feel like hiding from the world – blogging/journaling – posting – sharing via social media
• Find YOUR Formula (program, workout time, eating) – everyone is unique – stages of life
• It’s not where you came from that counts but where you’re going – Never EVER Give up! Be Persistent. Be consistent and most of all - Believe in YOURSELF!
As I am nearing my 50th birthday I wanted to share this in the hopes of opening the topic to others who may be struggling with the same issues. It was very well received.
Definitely pushed out of my comfort zone... and making myself vulnerable to criticism - but it is what it is. I continue to push forward and will Never EVER give up!
Do your best and FORGET the rest!