Recap of 2015 goals
Friday, January 01, 2016
I set some goals for 2015 and kind of lost focus as the year progressed. Here is a recap of how I did:
1. Get to goal weight~Didn't happen. Not making excuses here, but it was a stressful year with family and I didn't stay strong in taking care of myself. I also had major surgery in July and couldn't exercise for more than 2 months.
2. Set monthly goals & post in blog~I started out strong, but fizzled out after a few months.
3. Do 3 new hikes~I think we did 1 new hike. We made it to the top of Roxy Ann hill for the first time.
4. Quiet time daily~YES! This is one of the most important habits I've stayed consistent with. My faith has grown and I am much more peaceful.
5. Read more books than I did in 2014 (53+) and at least 2 classics~YES! I read 59 books and 2 classics~yay!
6. Contact one out of town friend per month~Only sent one letter :(
7. Organize pictures~I made a little head-way on this, but not nearly close to being done~ugh!
8. Memorize a Bible verse monthly~I memorized quite a few verses and a couple passages of scripture, but not one a month. I am really not good at memorizing and retaining, so I pretty much gave up on this.
9. Organize recipes~Made some good progress on this, but not finished yet.
10. Paint Kitchen~NO, but I picked a color and started planning for it.
11. Clean out/organize attic~YES! It looks so good up there!
12. Use cookbooks more~Sort of did this for awhile. Then I started going to my recipe boxes and making things I haven't made in years. Trying to adapt some to make more healthy and weed out ones we really don't like anymore.
13. Clean out desk/organize files~Desk cleaned out, but did not organize the files.
14. Finish decorating bedroom~Not quite done, but made some progress and have a plan.
Even though it doesn't seem as if I accomplished many of my goals, I like that I even had goals~haha! Looking back, it was a hard year, but a good year. I may not have completed my list of goals, but I am closer to the Lord and I grew as a person and I am thankful for that.