2015 Race Recap
Sunday, December 27, 2015
2015 Race/Running Goals
1. Complete 1/2 of miles for 2,015 in 2015 Challenge – Done in September. Completed as a team with June and Sara.
2. Get out of FrontRunner's Athena Division – Epic fail. Hopefully next year.
3. Run a race in February to declare I've run a race in all 12 months. – Done. Complete 12/12/2015
My 2015 Races
1. The Resolution Solution 5k Run and Walk - January 1, 2015 - White Bear Lake, MN (Won the Athena Division!!!!)
2. The Sweetheart 10k - February 14, 2015 - Mahtomedi High School in Mahtomedi (duh), MN (1st place Athena Division!!)
3. Pi Day Pi-k - March 14,2015 - Chaska Community Center in Chaska, MN
4. Goldy's 10 Mile - April 11, 2015 - University of Minnesota Campus Minneapolis, MN. The race finishes on the 50 Yard line of TCF Bank Stadium
5. Lake Minnetonka Half Marathon - Sunday, May 3, 2015 - Wayzata to Excelsior, MN
6. Down and Dirty Trail Run 8k - Lake Elmo Park Reserve, Lake Elmo, MN (1st Place, Athena Division)
7. Chaska 10k - Saturday, May 16, 2015 - Chaska, MN
8. Randy's Run - Monday, May 25, 2015 - Eden Prairie, MN
9. Minneapolis Half Marathon - Sunday, May 31, 2015 - Minneapolis, MN
11. Lola's 10 Mile Race - Saturday, June 6, 2015 - Waconia, MN
12. Firecracker Run 10k - Saturday, July 4, 2015 - Excelsior, MN
13. Minnesota Half Marathon - Saturday, August 1, 2015 - Saint Paul, MN
14. Stockyard Days 10k - Saturday, August 8, 2015 - New Brighton, MN (2nd Place Athena Division)
15. Defeat of Jesse James Days 5k - Sunday, September 13, 2015 - Northfield, MN
16. Nickle Dickle Days 10k - Saturday, September 19, 2015 - Waconia, MN
17. Women Run the Cities 10 Mile - Sunday, September 27, 2015- Minneapolis, MN
18. Mankato 10k - Sunday, October 18, 2015 - Mankato, MN
19. Great Pumpkin Dash 10k Trail Run - October 31, 2015 - Lake Elmo, MN (2nd Place, Athena Division)
20. Saint Paul Turkey Trot 10k - Thursday, November 26, 2015 - Saint Paul, MN
21. Reindeer Run - Saturday, December 12, 2015 - Lake Harriet Minneapolis, MN
My 2015 Non-Race Events
1. 2,015 in 2015 – Completed in September on a team with June and Sara
2. Run100 in May – 100 individual miles in May. This year, everyone who completed 100 miles earned “Burt”.
3. Volunteering for RAGNAR on behalf of Team B.L.I.S.T.E.R
Meghan's Running Awards of 2015
1. Most Scenic
Down and Dirty 8k and Great Pumpkin Dash. Both are run at the Lake Elmo Park Reserve but in different areas. It’s a beautiful park. And since I grew up on that side of town, I enjoy going back. My high school is just south of this park on 10th Avenue in Oakdale.
2. Most Fun
The Mankato Races. The Chaska Community Center has taken bus down for 5 years. Great people and great party after the races are done. People have a choice of races (10k, half-marathon, or marathon). I had to step down to the 10k this year due to a bothersome knee but I actually enjoyed getting to cheer for the people doing the half and even marathon.
3. Most Difficult
a. The Sweetheart 10k
Temp at race time was -3 F with a -20 F windchill. My finish time was around 1:13, mostly because my long underwear kept sliding down, my insulation layer shirt kept sliding up and I had to keep stopping to tug things back in to place but I found the finish line. And I won 1st place in the Athena Division. Of course, I was the only one in that division, probably because I was the only one dumb enough to show up on such a frigid day. Since I was the only one, that cost me points in Mankato for the annual points game
b. Lake Minnetonka Half Marathon May 3, 2015