Wednesday, September 30, 2015
30 September Accomplishments
1. I GOT A DOG!!!!!!!!!!
2. I changed the brakes and the rotors in my car. Myself. (Well, with intensive supervision.
3. I made a few calls and found an alternative car insurance premium that will save me $720.00 annually.
4. I haven’t gotten into any arguments with my mother.
5. I got my grandpa out of the house.
6. I attended two therapy appointments.
7. I scheduled two more therapy appointments for next month!
8. I also scheduled two girl’s nights with my little sister for October. We will be going to Pan and watching the play Aladdin at the local theater. I might just be more excited than she is, lol.
9. I made a designated health cupboard in the kitchen. Now I just have to use it more. ;)
10. I found a new primary physician, as mine retired. I’ve already been to see her for
11. I re-dyed my hair and waxed my eyebrows. I even put on real clothes once, bahaha! (I live in leggings and t-shirts, it felt like a victory.)
12. I planned a Renaissance Festival costume!!!!!!!!!! I’ve always wanted to, this one can get crossed off of the bucket list!!!!!!!!!!
13. I registered for my second residency. It’s in December.
14. I called my academic advisor and requested more information about deadlines and time
15. I set aside money to order test prep materials for my licensure exam that I’m due to take in about a year. My study guides are on the way.
16. I contacted my late grandmother’s best friend and have spoken with her on a few occasions.
17. I sent my grandpa 4 letters. It’s not exactly 12, but it’s 4 more than I would have had I not set that goal.
18. I went on a few long, satisfying hikes.
19. I have chronicled my mental health efforts on Instagram so I can look back on my accomplishments.
20. I did a Recovery Walk 5k with the residents at work.
21. I volunteered to coordinate a hygiene drive for incoming residents who don’t have the bare essentials. At first I was crabby about making a time commitment when I already feel spread so thin, but we got a couple thousand dollars’ worth of toiletries.
22. I have been charging my FitBit fairly regularly, and I’m remembering to wear it more.
23. I have lost 11 pounds and am now trying to maintain that loss (or perhaps lose a few more pounds).
24. I made plans with an old friend that I hadn’t seen in ages.
25. I attempted to make plans with a new friend that I would love to get to know. Our schedules conflict but I’m just happy that I put myself out there.
26. I’ve been remembering to take my vitamins a lot more. Not daily, but probably every other.
27. I’ve been cooking from home more and if I’ve been going out for food it’s been protein shakes.
28. I’ve slowly started cultivating a gratitude practice- this wasn’t even one of my goals!
29. I’ve been trying to be more responsive when my family reaches out to me (texting back immediately, etc.).
30. I have made the decision to do this again in October.