SP Premium
HISOWN1
80,000-99,999 SparkPoints 82,020
SparkPoints
 

OVER 50 FOR over 6 - SO BE ENCOURAGED

Thursday, June 18, 2015

I haven't blogged in ages. I did do a report on our trip to Hawaii in January BUT I use to blog every day or so.

Recently I had a doctor's appointment and my weight was about the average it has been for the last couple of years. I dropped the first 50 SO easy and of course traveling and sometimes being a stress eater and I love to bake desserts can get me into trouble.

What the doctor told me was so encouraging!! He said you have dropped over 50 pounds in the course of a couple of years BUT the WINNER in this IS you have kept it off for over 6 years! Just think I have dropped one medication completely, one medication is almost a baby aspirin but I feel better having you on it because you cholesterol is genetic and JUST LOOK at YOU!! I said I still feel fat! He said NO YOU FEEL AND LOOK HEALTHY TO ME!!

So although I would STILL like to get under 200 pounds I am shy of that goal I am ENCOURAGED for where I was to where I am now.


2009

2015
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
  • KATHRYN1955
    It is quite an accomplishment to have kept the weight off for so long. You will have to write a blog about how you did it as it is said that only 5% manage to keep it off long term. Unfortunately right now, I am in the other 95%, but the main thing is that I am back and at least I did keep going to the gym 3x/week for the past 4 years.
    Congratulations!!
    emoticon emoticon emoticon
    Take care,
    Kathy

    1927 days ago
  • MT-MOONCHASER
    Congratulations on your success!

    Can you clone this doctor? Every town should have one with this attitude!!

    I wish you continued success on your journey to better health.

    emoticon
    1928 days ago
  • 1CRAZYDOG
    AWESOME!!!
    1928 days ago
  • CRIS76
    I think you look fabulous and I love that your doctor was encouraging. It is so easy to be down on ourselves because we aren't where we want to be - but its good to always take a look at where we were and where we are now. Great job!
    1928 days ago
  • LOPEYP
    You both look great and it is a big accomplishment to not gain back the weight!
    emoticon
    1928 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment


    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.