Biggest Loser challenge
Thursday, March 05, 2015
You have had a very defeatist attitude for years now. You've taken the view that it's not worth restricting your caloric intake since you won't be able to anyway. Deep down, you know that is not true. Yes, it may be difficult and downright HARD at times, but you CAN DO IT! The results will be amazing! While you won't look anything like a fashion model, you'll feel better in your clothes, and mostly better about yourself. You'll have a sense of accomplishment as this is a battle you've been losing for years.
Remember when you used to smoke cigarettes? Yeah, I hardly remember - it was so long ago. But, there was a day, decades ago, that you never could picture yourself without them, even though you didn't want to be a smoker. You can accomplish that same success with your obesity.
My goal, during the next 10 week challenge is to lose 10 - 15 pounds. This is a very realistic goal, even with some setback.
What are the Key Success Factors?
- drink at least 2 litres of water daily
- cardio of 135 min/wk (elliptical)
- strength of 60 min/wk
- plan for at least 7 hours sleep/rest daily
- 5 or more serving of freggies daily
- plan meals in advance (poor plan means poor choice)
- cut down on alcohol intake
- track all food in Spark journal
- track all exercise in Spark journal and paper
- morning affirmation in the mirror
- make evening snacking a rare occasion rather than a habit
In 10 weeks, you will revisit this letter and update with how all went.