Day 54 Eating to Feel Better
Sunday, October 19, 2014
Sometimes I will just reach for food when really what I should be doing is drinking a nice glass of water, going for a walk, taking a nap, or just relaxing. When I do this kind of eating, it is usually junk food that I reach for.
So today's exercise is to stop and analyze what is really going on when you feel like reaching for something to eat. It could be that you really are hungry. If that is true, then eat something that will fuel the body, not the junk food.
For my new energy plan I will:
1. Stop and think, am I really hungry or is there something else going on.
2. Drink a tall glass of water and wait a few minutes to see if the hungry feeling subsides
3. Take a small walk, or do a few stretching exercises, put a few steps onto my FitBit
4. Stop and relax, read, put my feet up.
5. If really hungry, eat some pecans, almonds or piece of fruit. Then give myself another few minutes to see if I am still hungry.