In my last blog post I asked about suggestions for the 5% challenge.
Thanks a lot for the answers!
Here are the key ideas from you:
1. Keep a copy of your goals where you can see them every day.
2. Change your start page to reflect your daily mini goals. Check it every day and be accountable.
3. Make a note when you are tempted, and when you failed, and when you overcame it. What worked?
4.Follow simple strategies: Keep moving, eat healthy, drink water.
5. Simply participate in the challenge to be hold accountable. A leadership role is especially helpful!
6. Be consistent - team participation helps with that!
7. Stay present in the challenge. Do it on purpose vs. just coast through it.
8. Do something every day that relaxes you. (Even things like Sudoku!)
9. Put your all into each LTGL challenge.
10. Post every single day.
11. Use the nutrition tracker consistently.
12. Encourage others, checking their blogs, and pages to keep it fun.
13. Learn those who have succeeded in their pursuits.
My own advice, after many years in the 5% challenges:
Chose ONE small goal that you focus on throughout the two months, no matter what.
Make it public, put it on your front page, blog about it, ask feedback about it.
Make a wall calendar where you can make a big green tick for every successful day.
My experience was that when I focused on one single thing, it worked, and I managed to do it. When I had a long list of goals, I didn't finish them. Less is more. BE BRAVE to focus on something small. Others might think it's stupid to focus on just one thing, especially if it is a small action. But in the end, your takeaway can be that finally you managed to focus on this thing for two month, no matter what. And then they won't say that you are stupid. They will be amazed how disciplined you are, how consistent you are, and wish they could do the same.