Day Three of getting back on track
Thursday, August 21, 2014
I made an awesome discovery recently: my gym is only a couple blocks away from my restaurant. I was hoping to go after work today so I packed some stuff up and prepared for a quick workout before picking up the baby and after serving people plates and plates of pasta.
I ended up not going after work. Instead I went between the lunch shift and the dinner shift and did a quick shower before coming back in. Man am I glad I went that route! For several reasons:
1) That's an hour plus of time with Hazel I didn't have to give up in order to get fit
2) I couldn't be sitting around the break room nibbling if I wasn't there
3) I had to eat light for lunch and not be tempted to eat something full of simple carbs and fat if I wanted to have energy to workout
4) I found the mood boost incredibly helpful
5)The mood boost from the endorphins helped me make more in tips since good moods are infectious
6) It motivated me to eat better after I got back to work dinner.
All of the above and more. I felt so amazing eating off the lighter menu and modifying it and although my knees are killing me I'm ok with it. I just keep reminding myself that as I continue this the pounds will drop off and it won't hurt anymore to move without the burden of the extra weight. I know I can do this and I'm looking forward to getting to the point where exercise doesn't make me sore.