My Ironclad Promise to Me
Saturday, August 09, 2014
So I’ve now come to understand that while I break my neck to keep promises I make to other people, keeping promises to myself hasn’t been a priority. I REALLY have to make myself my priority if I’m going to achieve real, permanent transformation in my life. The theory here is to start making a few tiny, simple promises to myself, that I will not break for any reason….this is supposed to make me believe in my ability to transform my “body and my life”, and “psych myself up to do this!” www.chrispowell.com
I am going to set 3 promises in each of 3 categories. This is going to be tiny, so try not to giggle at me too much. (Thank you!!)
My Food Promises:
1. I will eat 1 veggie a day.
2. I will choose 1% milk over whole milk.
3. I will set an alarm to remind me to eat every 3 hours.
My Body Promises:
1. Exercise for 5 minutes a day.
2. Go to bed 15 minutes earlier at night.
3. Take a multivitamin every day.
My Mind Promises:
1. Look in the mirror every day and say “I am worth it.”
2. Get dressed every day.
3. Pay attention to the way I feel.
I’m shuffling on my way here. In time I hope to be running and skipping. So far the eating is going fine. I will get there this time. I have no doubt. I believe in me!! I appreciate all of the support I’m getting for this! You guys rock!
Til later, Charlene