SP Premium
60,000-79,999 SparkPoints 62,991


Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26

Just before Christmas I had the GI bug, which went through our family except for my son. After New Years, I went on a whirl wind trip with my son to Nashville. He was returning to college and he chose to live off campus. The only problem was he had not found any place to live.

So, I took the journey with him. I normally hate car rides, but I truly enjoyed this time with him (especially knowing that his goal is not to be returning back home). We spent the first night in St. Louis at my daughter's house. (It was her birthday but she was in Co. with her husband's family) It snowed, so we had to shovel before leaving. Thankfully we had had good roads.

Arriving in Nashville we drove around looking for places. We toured one "luxury" apartment. I was not impressed especially since the NEW countertops had SEVERAL major scratches. My son received a text from someone wanting a roommate. I followed up with a phone call. The caller just happened to be working at the Holiday Inn Express. We decided to stay there for the night. My son was able to meet this person, and we set up a time for the next morning to view the apartment.
The apartment was in a good location. They had to do a background check on my son and I. (It was a blessing that I went with him since he probably would not have been able to have signed the lease since he is not currently working.) Since it was a Sat. we would not get confirmation until Mon. but they allowed him to move in.

The roommate drove us around to find a mattress. We found one a few blocks away. My son and I carried it back on top of our heads since it would not fit in the car. The roommate had a box springs, so it all worked out well.
As you know from my previous post, I was able to attend church with my son. Little did I realize that I would learn the lesson of having quiet in my life. I was to fly out on Tues. morning but the plane had mechanical problems. It ended up being a blessing in disguise. My son came back to pick me up, and we were able to sign the short term lease papers on his apt.

I flew out that night. Slept great in my own bed. A day later, I woke up with watering eyes, and by the end of the day I was sick. I truly rested the next day and then went to work on Sat. Needless to say, that was not a good choice. My meds wore off, and I was miserable. I went to the doctors on Mon. I have the flu.

I am not by nature one who can sit still. The doctor of course told me to go home and rest. I was exhausted so that is what I have been doing. I have been sleeping in the basement because we have a leather couch that can recline. Today I decided to emerge from the basement. I have enjoyed looking out the window and seeing the freshly fallen snow just glistening in the sunlight. I've used my time to listen to the Bible online (almost done with reading the Bible!), heard my son's pastor preach, and enjoyed K-Love.

I look forward to having energy again. To be able to do my chores, and yes I even long to work out. Being ill has taught me once again to be thankful for the little blessings.
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
    Isn't it exciting when God works things out for us? I'm always surprised, but really shouldn't be. So glad you found a place for your son to live and everything got done in time. I can just picture the two of you walking down the street with a mattress on your head! Only in a college town! lol!
    Take care of yourself, lots of fluids and get the rest the doctor ordered!
    2194 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.