to my "One Stop Shopping Week 2 Blog" - I will come back and edit this blog throughout the week to reflect all challenges and update as applicable.
WEEK 2 THEME
MINDSET ~The way I think. I don't always think to my potential regarding "me" and let self doubt in. I tend to think hot/cold, in/out, up/down ... I need to realize a balanced mindset.
7-DAY FORECAST (Preparedness) - 25 points
Goal: Affirm my belief, both inside and out, in who I am and what I see in the mirror. Change the way I think - See it, believe it, confess it. Daily confessions renew my mind so that I realize and believe my own potential on a daily and permanent basis. These confessions will be done at least twice daily (morning/night) while looking in the mirror. Confess Psalm 139 daily (morning).
1. I am deserving, worthy and entitled to good health, well being, and happiness.
2. I am optimistic and I only have positive thoughts about myself.
3. I release any need to seek other people's acceptance or approval.
4. I have confidence in myself and my abilities to do anything.
5. I love myself and I am beautiful the way I am.
I am a Child of God, Wonderfully and Fearfully Made, in His Image.
- I will recite Psalm 139 out loud
TRAIL MAP (Fitness) - 25 points
Plan: Fitness (Cardio/ST): 45-minute workouts 4x/week, 30-minute workouts 3/week (240 minutes)
M - Walk (75-minutes)
Tu - Workout w/PT, 30-minutes, ST
W - 60 minute Walk (SparkPortland Downtown Waterfront Lunchtime Walk)
Th - 15-minute SP Desk Workout and 15-minute Walk
F - 14-minute Dance Cardio Video, 20-minute Recumbent Bike, and 3-minute ST
COMPASS (Nutrition) - 25 points
Plan - Track all nutrition - Think about food choices, eliminate all junk (See tracker for results)
ECHO (Self Reflection) - 25 points
Plan: Write out on post-it and place on bathroom mirror, say out loud morning/night (minimum). Repeat Week 1 reflections.
1. I will drink plenty of water.
2. I will choose healthy snacks over junk.
3. I will nurture and respect my body always.
4. I have total belief in myself.
5. I will keep moving forward.
1. I will only eat healthy foods.
2. I will believe in myself.
3. I will motivate myself to exercise.
4. I will exercise even when I don't feel like it.
5. I will track every meal.
SAFETY HARNESS (Accountability) - 25 points
Plan: Daily post (small or large) mindset successes to the Mountaineer chat.
01/13 - W1 197.4
01/06 - SW 198.2
MAKE IT COUNT MONDAY - 25-points
Reflections of Performance Challenge, Week 1: I feel really good about the progress I made. I lost .8 lbs. There is no victory too small!
- I stayed committed and made this journey my Priority 1. I was very busy at work at times, but I didn't let that become an excuse to detour me.
- I did make some mistakes in eating, returning to "not so old habits," but I took those times as reminders why I need to be mindful of the way I eat and behave.
- I had been tracking nutrition/fitness for the past couple of weeks, so I just took the opportunity to become more comfortable with tracking. I added groupings to my tracker of foods/recipes that I will eat in the future...which will make tracking that much easier.
- I did a fitness activity every day. I accomplished 260 minutes.
- I visited the Maize Mountaineers chat every day. I feel like I am taking steps to get to know others on the same mountain.
PERSONAL WEEK 2 GOALS
Drinking plenty of water this week is my goal. My plan is to drink 10 glasses (1/2 my body weight in ounces) of water each day; and track in my nutrition tracker
Affirming who I AM is my "theme" this week -- Some mindset changes are in order (see above plan)
TRACKER TUESDAY - 25-ponts
Weight/Fitness/Nutrition trackers updated!
~I have pre-measured frozen meals!
WELLNESS WEDNESDAY - 25-points
~SPEN 15 MINUTES ORGANIZING/DECLUTTERING (office space)
THOUGHTFUL THURSDAY - 25-points
~STOP BY A TEAMMATES PAGE AND LEAVE WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT - DONE
FOOD FOCUS FRIDAY - 25-points
~DESIGNATE AN UNHEALTHY OPTION TO GIVE UP FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE CHALLENGE - No eating after 8-pm
HYDRATION STATION SATURDAY - 25-points
~DRINK 1 GLASS OF WATER BEFORE AND AFTER A MEAL -
SODIUM SLASHER SUNDAY - 25-points
~READ A SODIUM RELATED ARTICLE AND SHARE -