Very simply said and so true - You must be brave enough to take the chances, and clever enough to make smart choices in order to create the changes that you desire in life.
The chances that I will take in 2014 are:
1. I will take the chance to allow myself to make mistakes - this means that if I make choices that do not support my goals, that I will get myself back on track - not give up
2. I will take the chance to discover new foods that are healthy and try new recipes - maybe subscribe to a low cal cooking magazine, or buy a cookbook with meal ideas and recipes
3. I will take the chance to try new exercise routines and workout plans - we have many here on Spark - and of course - there is always the option of joining a gym
4. I will take the chance that weight loss and getting and staying in shape take time - and I don't have to do it overnight. This is a lifetime commitment and I will be successful.
The Choices I choose in 2014 are:
1. I choose moving over being sedentary - this means getting up and doing cardio for 30-60 minutes a day - and that can be 10 minute intervals or even 2 minute short breaks
2. I choose healthy nourishing foods over junk food. This means not bringing junk food into the house at all. This means always having on hand fruits, veggies, low fat yogurt, nuts, whole grains as opposed to food containing a lot of refined and processed ingredients.
3. I choose keeping my life as stress free as possible. This means that if I do not feel like driving 50 miles to visit family I reserve the right to say, come visit me. I think at age 63 I have earned the right to say no -
4. I choose to retire from my day job if I feel that it is getting to be too stressful and I am not enjoying it. (Huge fear for me around making this decision) - and I choose to know that I will know when the time has come for this to be a good decision for my life.
The Changes I will make in 2014
1. I will change my sedentary lifestyle to a moderately active one
2. I will change from being obese to healthy BMI which means losing approximately 65 pounds
3. I will change from using prepackaged convenient foods to eating and cooking more basic foods like soups and salads -
4. I will make the changes that I need to make if I am diagnosed with high blood pressure, etc (so far this hasn't been the case - but I will do what I need to do to continue being healthy)
I am sure that there will be a lot more things I think of after I post this blog. If anyone can think of other healthy ideas, please feel free to add to my list.