Here are the goals I posted last January and an update.
1) lose 35/40 lbs (whatever feels right when I get there) -
really stalled out on the weight loss because some of my efforts were inconsistent.
2) develop a more positive personality/energy -
definitely feel as if I have accomplished this one. I notice a difference in my overall attitude and am trying to to apply to more areas of my life.
3) live well, enjoying my family, my fitness, and my life -
I guess this goal and the last were very closely related and my success here goes hand in hand
1) allow positive choices to be comfortable rather than forced
I am feeling pretty good about this one. not all my choices are great (far from), but it isn't such a drag to make good choices when I do.
2) change the "diet" mentality that expects all or nothing fast changes
no doubt this change in mentality is what keeps me going with the healthy changes even though i haven't lost the weight.
3) find the right carb/fat ratio for my body
- not even a little have i figured this out
1) exercise at least 10 minutes a day -
I exercise more than I have in years, but not every day, sometimes only 3 days a week. this is one of the things I need to keep working on this year
2) work up to 8 glasses of water per day -
not often enough
3) make small, but positive choices more and more often -
All in all, I would say I have improved the overall quality of my life and health, but not met my weight loss goals. I need to revise these goals and focus on my daily efforts to really get where I want and need to be.
1. Reach and maintain a healthy BMI (losing approximately 30 pounds)
2. Continue to appreciate my life and live it more fully
3. Bring positivity into my relationships
1. Maintain my exercise program in the long term as a life practice that no longer needs to be a goal.
2. Discover and incorporate new, whole food/vegetarian, go-to recipes for the family
1. Drink the water!
2. Eat less refined/processed food and more whole foods/freggies
3. Practice exercise more consistently