I started the year hoping and determined to lose 30 lbs. from where I started 184 lbs., I wish I could state that I was successful with that goal but in reality I gained weight. Am I disappointed in myself but did I ever give up? No! This is the second year in a row I did not lose weight but instead gained. I know in 2012 I only gained like 5 pounds and this year 2013 I gained 15 lbs. Do I still believe that I lose weight and turn it around? Yes, I know I can make the difference in my life. I must find a new way to exercise and to manage my food better to make a difference in my life and make it a year of losing vs. gaining. I started this journey in Sept. 2010 and I believe that I can lose weight that I re-gained. I have confidence in my abilities to change things and lose all that weight that I gained.
As I reflect upon the last year, I realize life got messy and that I continued to march on in more ways than one. I am beginning to understand I must change up my exercise in order to continue losing, so therefore 2014 will be about trying out new exercises. I have continued to walk every day in 2013 rounding out almost 3 years of continued walking w/o missing a day. I learned to get out the door early to walk at work but maybe I should check out the wellness building my school has instead. I also plan on joining the BLC at work to keep me motivated and challenged to lose inches that I have regained. I am proud of the fact that I exercise every day w/o fail no matter how tired I am. I came down to the last 2 days of the year and 14.5 miles to walk in order to meet my goal; I pushed myself to complete it. I am proud of how far I walked in 2013 and will continue to walk in 2014. I am positive that on Feb. 16, 2014 I can state I walked every day for 3 years. Can you imagine how often I buy new walking shoes? It is not as frequently as you would think but still, it’s a lot of walking.
I have several accomplishments that I will share with you in hopes of helping another person along in their journey. Will my words affect everyone, no? But do I expect that, no? I will have made a difference if I helped one person with my reflections then I have been successful with my blog and self-reflection for 2013.
Accomplishments for 2013
1. I had a goal to walk 1300 miles this year; I accomplished that goal on Dec. 31, 2013.
2. I have walked 1050 days in a row! Woohoo that is exciting!
3. I am still walking with Leslie Sansone inside when it is icy, too cold, rainy, or too windy to walk outside. (She helped me make my 1300 miles walking goal.)
4. For the majority I am still wearing a size 14 which is an improvement from when I started in 2010 wearing a size 20/22.
5. My goal was to complete 25,000 fitness minutes, I completed 29,202. Wow that is amazing! I completed 600 minutes more exercise this year.
6. I have drunk 8 glasses of water for 1208 days in a row. It’s all I drink now. Woohoo for me.
7. I am determined to find new exercises to start losing weight again.
8. I rode my bike 62 miles even though my goal was 60 miles.
9. I made a goal to write a blog every month, I only missed 1 month.
10. I completed my Master’s degree this past May! Major accomplishment there! I am so proud of myself!
11. I have read at least 12 books this year with the goal of reading one a month at least.
12. I am determined to make changes in 2014 to lose weight!
Happy New Year 2014 I am looking forward to becoming healthier and a stronger individual who has the strength to be successful in a variety of ways within my life. I will keep sparking to maintain that balance within my life.