Back in size 12, and 12 Non-Scale Victories!!!
Friday, June 07, 2013
These are the unexpected non-scale victories that I have really enjoyed while losing these first 40 lbs. of weight:
1. I no longer look AWAY from those monitors when you first walk into a grocery store. In fact, I look twice! Maybe more than that....they probably think I'm plotting something....
2. Sometimes there are parts of my body that seem unfamiliar. Sometimes I don't really recognize my legs.
3. Some of my gladiator sandals are way too big around the ankles!
4. I've gone down 3 sizes in dresses and jeans, and 1 size in bras.
5. My husband tells me I look pretty a LOT more frequently!
6. I will NEVER tire of my friends and colleagues saying "Hey, Skinny Mini!" when they see me.
7. I can wear some of my tops that haven't fit in YEARS. Cute ones!!!
8. I can buy cute dresses that don't quite fit, and in a few weeks they do. Then I get to go "shopping" in my closet all over again!
9. Hearing zippers go up easily is like MUSIC TO MY EARS!!!
10. I can wear a few things on the OTHER side of the DEB store!!!!
11. This year I get to look WAY thinner in our anniversary pictures in Jamaica, where we got married last year! Hmmm....maybe I could even wear a white dress and pretend they're really the wedding pictures....
And one of my favorites, at #12:
I no longer cringe inside when I walk past those GIANT mirrors at the gym. I LIKE what I see now!
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!!!