My Inspiration for Today
Friday, June 07, 2013
I have been truly off my game for a few months now, so I have decided to take a look back at the progress I have made so far in hopes that it will inspire me to revive my efforts and keep pushing forward. I’ve made a list of positive changes that I have noticed since last year, and here goes…
1. People tell me how great I look. (truly awesome feeling, even though most times I can hardly believe it)
2. I can wear clothes now that didn’t fit before…and feel GOOD in them!
3. When I work out, I am amazed by how strong I am. I notice a HUGE difference from when I started to now, and I LOVE IT!
4. I feel and SEE muscles I have never had before! (yeah! SHE-RA!...only kids from the 80’s will get that one)
5. Many people have actually asked me what I did to lose the weight, or what my secret is. THAT means people have noticed a difference, and it’s truly not just in my head!
6. I have more energy. Everyone says this, and it’s a proven fact. I FEEL lighter when I walk because my joints don’t have near as much stress on them. Plus, with all that extra muscle, I’m able to carry myself better!
7. NO MORE BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICATION!!! Woooohooo!!!!!
8. More confidence! Not just about my body, but also about myself, my personal strength and will. I realize that if I put my mind to something, I CAN accomplish it!
9. Better body image. Although I still feel I have a long way to go, I do like my body now when I look in the mirror, as opposed to before, when I would simply feel depressed every time I caught a glimpse.
10. My buh-dunk-a-dunk, as my friend Tracy would call it, has definitely shrunk and actually has a nice shape now! Still need to peel off a few inches, but it’s looking far better than I ever remember.
11. Even when I am off the wagon, I am more conscience about what I am doing to my body. I may eat poorly or slack on exercise, but I have an inner voice telling me I have to watch out. At least this is a little better than my former mentality which threw all caution to the wind!
There’s my list! And simply by writing it out, I am feeling more motivated! I encourage anyone who reads this to do the same. It’s important to commend ourselves for the positive changes and progress we have made, especially when we don’t see the numbers dropping or we find ourselves in a slump. All of us are WORTH the EFFORT!!! Let’s DO IT!!!