Weighing up positives and negatives
Monday, April 15, 2013
I sat down today, noticed I was hunching over and instead of adjusting my posture, looked down to my stomach and seized the lumps and said: 'gah, yeuck'. So disappointed with myself for having a crazy birthday weekend and completely letting go, I got very down about it. My clothes instantly started to feel like they were sticking to my body and I felt so icky.
A weight was lifted off me when I realised that I should be congratulating myself. I've finally gone to the gym more than once! It's been 2 months since I've been to the gym and this week, I went 3 times (and two of those times were swimming, which I should be proud about!). It's so silly how you can get yourself more down when you are actually making an effort. What about all those weeks and weekends before when I just ate rubbish. I didn't punish myself for those. How crazy is that?? When I think of this week, I want to remember that:
- I went to the gym 3 times, not 0, 3 times. That's awesome.
- I went to a yoga class which really calmed my mind.
- I turned 24!
- I made a scrumptious vegetable curry with couscous (nice and healthy!)
- I chose a healthy option at a restaurant (fish stew instead of a burger)
- Great water intake
- I have organised my Turkish tandem (a year later!!)
- I wrote a job application in 2 hours!
Lessons to learn for next week:
- Don't start the day sweet, the afternoon and evening will swiftly follow!
- Continue eating dinners early
- Keep good water up!
- Calm mind when I start to get myself down too much
I still have much longer on this journey but I know by this summer I will already be feeling MUCH better. Persistance and cutting myself a break is VITAL!