March, 40, and looking forward
Tuesday, April 02, 2013
March came and went so quickly, didn't it? I can't say it was an overly successful month in terms of my healthy lifestyle, but it also wasn't so bad. I turned 40 late in the month and I'm actually feeling good about it and how far I've come in the several months leading up to the big day. Namely, I've lost 24 pounds and brought both my cholesterol and blood pressure into the normal range - awesome!
I lost sight of my goals in March so the numbers below aren't anything to write home about, but I guess that's all part of being accountable along the journey.
1) Strength train at least 3x per week
GOAL NOT MET - I ONLY GOT IN 9 ST SESSIONS FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH.
2) Achieve a minimum of 2,000 fitness minutes for the month
GOAL NOT MET - I GOT IN 1,520 MINUTES FOR THE MONTH.
3) Take at least 10,000 steps per day a minimum of 21 days this month
GOAL NOT MET - I ACHIEVED 10,000+ STEPS 18 DAYS FOR THE MONTH.
4) Lose at least 2 pounds this month
I LOST .4 POUNDS IN THE MONTH OF MARCH - GOING FROM 113.4 TO 113.
1) Drink no more than 8 diet sodas for the month
GOAL NOT MET - I DRANK 13 DIET SODAS FOR THE MONTH - YOWZA!
2) Track all food and stay within range for at least 28 days this month
GOAL NOT MET - I STAYED IN RANGE 27 DAYS FOR THE MONTH.
1) Put at least $350 in savings each pay day (there are 2)
2) Commit to cleaning house at least 1 day per week
3) Have at least 10 random acts of kindness/pay it forward actions
GOAL NOT MET - I WASN'T EVEN CLOSE WITH THIS ONE.
4) Read at least 2 books during the month
In looking forward, at least for the month of April, instead of setting a number of really lofty goals I'm simply aiming for balance. Balance in work, at home, in managing a healthier lifestyle, etc. I plan on spending less time tracking various goals (I will still track food and fitness minutes!) and participating in challenges and more time actually living. Sounds simple enough, right? Wish me luck!