Reliving the past
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
So I love to write and don’t do it nearly as much I would like. I’ve been thinking about writing a book but haven’t the slightest idea on what I want to write about. Should it be a memoir? Or maybe a fictional book based on my childhood? But am I interesting enough to write a book?
So I started jotting down memories and got quite a laugh from some of them.
Growing up my sister Sheryl and I had 2 really great friends; Caity and Nicole. The four of us always hung out together. When I started writing down these memories I realized nearly all of them had one or both of them in it! So, I’m going to share a couple with you today.
So here goes nothing!
- Once we stole a hymn book from the church so we would have the words to all the songs. But we felt guilty and put it in the church’s mailbox to return it.
- There was this broken fence at the top of our street. The structure of the fence remained but the chain link was gone. So it was just this bar that you could use to hang on, gymnastics style. We would yell to our parents “I’m going to the bar!” I never realized how funny that sounded ’til we got older.
- Caity’s sister used to pretend to be possessed and chase us with a cheese grater that looked like a mini axe.
-We had this touch lamp that used to ficker all the time. Sheryl and I used to think it was a ghost so we would ask it things like “are you grandma?” and if it flickered it was. One time George Washington was in our house. No joke.
- Sheryl and i were supposed to be in bed and we were crawling around in the living room because dad put us to bed WAY too early. 7pm in the summer. UHM THE SUN IS STILL OUT AND PEOPLE ARE STILL PLAYING! and sheryl hit her nose on the flickering lamp and started bleeding everywhere. Dad was so pissed at us.
- We used to sneak into the church at the top of our street and watch weddings. I loved it.
I have so much more but that’s enough for today.