Lemon Challenge-Week 1
Saturday, September 08, 2012
Week 1 challenge is to list 5 things that are holding me back.
1. Me. I doubt myself and give up too easily. My boss is always pointing out to me that, when I want or need something for my store, I take 'No' for an answer too easily. He is right! I do that in every aspect of my life. I do it at work. I do it at home. I do it with my exercise. I do it with my eating. If it's hard or complicated, I shy away from it. It's called choosing the path of least resistance. I take the easiest path. And that, my friends, is what got me here to begin with.
2. Lack of focus. I don't take the time to focus on Me. It seems that everything is just so busy and I don't have time to take for me. I need to make time!
3. Tracking. I am not as diligent as I should be with my food tracker. I really need to take the time to track what I am eating again. No excuses.
4. Lack of support. I am trying to go this alone and it is not working. I have my SP support but I need to build a support network at home.
5. And last, but not least: Smoking. Yes, yes, I know...Why are you smoking? You are killing yourself! Just quit! I know all the statistics and all the reasons why I should quit. I have been a smoker for 21 years and I know I have to quit to make the life changes I want. I have seen first-hand the effects of years of smoking on many people in my life and I don't want to be another statistic. Anyone who has ever been a smoker knows that this is a personal battle that can be the easiest or the hardest thing to do. I have personally known people that can pick them up and put them down like they are nothing and I have known people that battle so hard to put them down and still can't do it. For me, it's hard.
Bonus~Reflecting-What I want to work on during this Fall Challenge.
- I want to focus on quitting smoking. I am going to try my hardest to cut back and finally, to quit completely.
- I am also going to work on building a support network here at home. Finding someone to exercise with me and help with accountability.
I want to rock this challenge! Go Lemons!