SP Premium
60,000-79,999 SparkPoints 69,856

New Grandma Alert! Welcome Amelia!

Tuesday, September 04, 2012

emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon
She's here! Amelia arrived Thursday night, 8/30...7 lbs 12 oz.

I think she and daddy have very similar heads...what do you think?

There were complications with her birth. She was born by C-section and mommy had a very difficult time. She was moved to a different hospital with the specialized help she needed for recovery. So, Amelia was at one hospital...with daddy. And mommy was at another hospital...with her parents staying with her. My son was communicating with me about the developments and I could tell he was very distraught. I offered to fly out to be with him...and he was very accepting of the offer. So, we made it happen. I'm really glad I went. I wasn't expecting to get to meet my granddaughter for another few weeks...but I actually got to hold her within 24 hours of her birth. What a little miracle! She's gorgeous...a great feeder...very content...and very healthy.

My daughter drove down from Wyoming to be with us. She's a proud auntie! ...and also due to have her own bundle of joy in 6 months!

Daddy did a great job of taking care of her until she was released. He fed her, burped her, changed diapers, swaddled her into a "baby burrito" as he called it, and dressed her in her first little pink outfit. Ready to go see mommy!

She was released on Saturday and we took her to mommy's hospital...they had put her in a mother-baby room so the baby could be with her...and daddy...and two grandmas...and an aunt...and a grandpa. emoticon How could she not recover and get released with all that support, right? Mommy got released on Sunday and got to come home with baby Amelia.

I love this little snuggle bug. What a precious angel. I'm in love!

So that was my Labor Day weekend. I'm thankful that my daughter was able to come down and be with us. She was really helpful to me as we got to spend some nice unexpected time together. Since everyone was home and settling in on Sunday, we went up to her house for Sunday night and a good night's sleep before I had to fly out on Monday. I'm so thankful that everyone is home and healing. I think there are still some hurdles for mommy to continue with her recovery...but I'm confident that she is well on her way.
emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon

My eating and exercising, needless to say, were stink-o this weekend. I would love to be able to sail through the tough stuff without losing ground with my weight loss journey...but alas, I am not there yet. I just have to keep trying...reflecting afterward...figuring out how I can do better next time. Now I'm back home, and back to tracking, and back to exercising...and back to getting my sleep. I tried to give plasma today and could not as my one number was slightly low. I'm sure it's because I was not eating right or sleeping right this weekend...it really goes to show me that eating right and getting your sleep DO make a difference in one's overall health. I'm going to wait until Thursday and try again. I think my sleep and nutrition will be more "caught up" by then.

Hope you all had a GREAT Labor Day weekend. Keep up the good work! Thanks for ALL the encouragement! Spark on! emoticon emoticon
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post