My Fitness Pal
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Below is a comment I wrote on someone's blog re MFP. They weren't sure about SP vs MFP.
"I'm not sure what to tell you. I can only tell you what I've done. I have been a member of SP for over 5 years now or more. I loved entering food data. I've also been a member of MFP for 2-3 years as well as a friend moved from SP to there because it was less graphic intensive.
I've been horrible at tracking food on either site. But lately, I've gone back to MFP for the diary only (actually just last week!) for a couple of reasons.
- The computers at work are very slow so going to SP wastes my day as I wait for the page to load in.
- The simple lack of graphics at MFP is appealing.
- I just got a kobo vox for christmas and just installed both the MPF & SP apps. I also did this on my new ipod touch. I have to say that MPF app is far superior to SP's even if has only 2 colours and no graphics. The barcode scanner alone is worth it.
- I can manually enter calories consumed without having to enter a product or recipe.
- I've also discovered (and perhaps because of the barcode scanner) that I don't have to personally input as much as I do have to with SP.
- A lot of inaccuracies in data on SP by users.
- as for exercise... I am not sure about that yet for either. I think SP might be better on that score.
What I do prefer about SP is the community, blog, personal page, articles, daily spark page, recipes, etc. I also am a member of the live classes which I thoroughly enjoy. I almost feel like I'm betraying SP by tracking food over at MFP but hey... when it comes to ease of use and speed... at this point, that takes precedence. I am not on a computer a lot these days (sick of my computer to be honest). so this will allow me to take just a few minutes to track. Whereas, it takes from 5 - 30 minutes to track on SP.
Good luck in your decision!"