Week (or 2) in Review
Friday, May 25, 2012
It's been a weird couple of weeks. I'm not too jazzed about my progress against my goals lately. I'm still suffering from a significant lack of motivation, and nothing I do seems to make much of a difference.
I know for sure my motivation won't re-surface on it's own and especially if I ignore my goal tracking, so here it is, for better or for worse.
- Be able to run 30 minutes continuously -- done!!!
- Be able to run 5K -- not yet -- will plan a 5K route for next week
- Have reached $250 raised for the Relay to End Kids Cancer -- I'm at $160, but that's not fair since I was there before. Really need to send out an email to people asking for donations.
- Have logged more than 1510 fitness minutes -- at 1146 minutes this month so far. I think I'll make it, but I'll need to do extra in the next few days to make sure I get there.
- Have lost 6.5 pounds -- I've lost one pound. I doubt I'll achieve this one since there's only a week left in May.
- Continue to drink 8 cups or more of water each day - Faltered a bit here. There have been a couple of days where I haven't been drinking much water and I notice I feel worse for it.
- Continue to limit diet coke to 2 cans or less each day - Yes and no. Week of May 14th I was on track. This week I went over a couple of days when I was traveling.
- Track my food every day - Done. Amazingly because I really hate doing this.
- Blog at least once a week - Done
- Read the blog posts of my Sparkfriends - Read a few blogs but not as many as I would like.
Now that I've written this down, it doesn't look as horrible as it was in my head. But I do need a motivation boost.
Our beach volleyball league started last night. I had a good time. I enjoy beach much more than court volleyball and it seems to be better on my joints somehow. Or maybe I'm just in better shape than I was last time I played court volleyball. Where I play volleyball is a place called Baja Burger that makes really good greasy burgers. I will fully admit to eating one last night, and to be honest, I think I'll probably eat on every Thursday -- it's one of my pleasures. Guess I'll have to step up the exercise to make up for it :)