Week in Review
Monday, May 14, 2012
It was a bit of a strange week. Lots of ups and downs. Had some kind of very annoying stomach bug on Friday, but luckily it didn't last beyond a day.
Saturday was an almost perfect day -- went to watch my kids get their green belts in karate, followed by lunch with the kids and their dad, and then some garage sale visits. Got home and went shopping with my boyfriend, then started reading the newest Charlaine Harris novel in my hammock, followed by a little nap. Then I went for a run. Spent the evening making some food for a mother's day visit with the boyfriend's mom and watching a movie.
I worked on BOGUSANNIE's challenge last week -- to write down cravings. It was interesting -- I'm going to do it again this week. What I found was that I don't often have specific cravings. I feel the urge to eat, but most often it isn't that I want a specific food, I just want to eat. I'm going to try to pay a little more attention to cravings this week, to see if I can dig a little deeper into what's going on.
This will be my final week of the C25K running program. I'll do 30 minute runs this week. I'm still fairly slow -- not sure what to do to increase my speed, or whether that will just happen as I continue running -- maybe I'll consult the Sparkteams for some advice. After this final week of 30 minute runs, I will plan a 5K route to run and see how long it takes -- I know it will take longer than 30 minutes. My short-ish term goal is to run 5K in under 40 minutes. I don't expect to achieve that in May -- maybe June.
That's about it for now -- I'll likely be back once I'm able to see BOGUSANNIE's Monday challenge.
In terms of May goals, here's how things went last week:
- Be able to run 30 minutes continuously -- almost there. Ran 29 minutes on Saturday. Today I'll officially go for 30.
- Be able to run 5K -- this week I'll plan a 5K route
- Have reached $250 raised for the Relay to End Kids Cancer -- haven't done much so far -- need to work on this one
- Have logged more than 1510 fitness minutes -- at 610 minutes this month so far. Need to step things up slightly to meet this target.
- Have lost 6.5 pounds -- lost one pound this week, which I found kind of amazing since I didn't feel I was particularly careful about what I ate.
- Continue to drink 8 cups or more of water each day - Yep
- Continue to limit diet coke to 2 cans or less each day - Yep, but this continues to be hard
- Log into Sparkpeople every day - Done
- Track my food every day - Done
- Blog at least once a week - Done
- Read the blog posts of my Sparkfriends - Read blogs 4 days out of 7