Now what am I doing? Now is what matters!
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
My friend died last week of diabetic complications. I don't know if it was because of poor choices or lack of understanding. Either way I do not want to blame the victim. At the same time I am a diabetic and only 5 years younger than my friend. I want something different for myself.
I became diabetic 10 years ago. I could be... My list of what I could be is long. I can look back and feel guilt. I can look forward and think about how far I have to go. I have lost 50 pounds recently on this journey. But, I am not yet half way.
I was pondering the journey and realized I cannot change the future or the past. But, I can decide what to do right now. My friend's death scared me. But, I can use that as a gift to move me in the right direction.
I am on the Biggest Loser White Tigers team. During this 10 week challenge I want to:
1. Read my scriptures, write in my journal and pray daily.
2. Lift weights 3 days a week.
3. Ride my bike 10 miles each weekday.
4. Walk 1 hour each day.
5. Eat at least 5 servings of vegetables each day.
6. Check my blood sugar each morning.
7. Eat according to the principles outlined in South Beach using my meter as a guide.
8. clean kitchen each night.
9. tidy each room by 10 or clean for 15 minutes.
10. Get rid of 10 things that belong out of my home each day.
If I do the above things I hope to have lost at least 15 pounds by the end of the challenge and weigh no more than 199.
I will do these things even though I am unsure about the possibility of being less than 200. I have not been that low of a weight in over 23 years.